The basic approach for this was to use a knuckle connected to the mount and build a hub that the tentacles would slot into. Originally I planned on the tentacle having a pivot pin at the base so the whole thing could move but I realized that there wasn't much room underneath for the pins. I also realized that the tentacles are so flexible that the first knuckle could be stationary and there would still be plenty of room to move. I put the knuckle/mount into an array so they could be positioned evenly. The hub was then sized to fit the array and slots were booled out. I had to used a slightly modified version of the mount for booling because the slot has to be bigger than the original due to mechanical tolerances.